The protection of your personal data is important to the BNP Paribas Group – to which Arval Trading belongs - which has adopted strong principles in that respect for the entire Group in its Group Data Protection Notice available on the BNP Paribas website.
This Arval Trading Information Data Protection Notice provides you with detailed information relating to the protection of your personal data by Arval Trading S.A.S. (“we”).
We are responsible, as a controller, for collecting and processing your personal data in relation to our activities. The purpose of this Arval Trading Data Protection Notice is to let you know which personal data we collect about you as a representative/agent/employee either of our corporate client or of our corporate contractual partner, the reasons why we use and share such data, how long we keep it, what your rights are and how you can exercise them.
Further information may be provided where necessary when you apply for a specific product or service.
1. WHICH PERSONAL DATA DO WE USE ABOUT YOU?
We collect and use your personal data to the extent necessary in the framework of our activities and to achieve a high standard of personalised products and services.
We may collect various types of personal data about you, including:
- identification information (e.g. name, ID card, passport, driving licence, nationality, place and date of
- birth, gender, photograph, IP address);
- contact information (e.g. postal address and e-mail address, phone number);
- tax status (e.g. tax ID, tax status);
- employment information (e.g. employment, employer’s name, location);
- banking, financial and transactional data (e.g. credit card number, bank account details, payment data);
- data relating your habits and preferences :
- data which relate to your use of our products and services and transactional data;
- data from your interactions with us: our branches (contact reports), our internet websites, our apps, our social media pages, meeting, call, chat, email, interview, phone conversation; and
- video surveillance (including CCTV) .
Depending on the product/service, we may collect biometric data (e.g. fingerprint, voice pattern or face pattern which can be used for identification and security purposes) with your explicit prior consent.
We never ask for personal data related to your racial or ethnic origins, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data or data concerning your sex orientation, unless it is required through a legal obligation.
The data we use about you may either be directly provided by you or be obtained from the following sources in order to verify or enrich our databases:
- publications/databases made available by official authorities (e.g. the official journal);
- our corporate clients or corporate contractual partners and/or their branches and affiliates (e.g. your employer) or service providers;
- third parties such as credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies or data brokers in conformity with the data protection legislation;
- websites/social media pages containing information made public by you (e.g. your own website or social media); and
- databases made publicly available by third parties.
2. SPECIFIC CASES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION, INCLUDING INDIRECT COLLECTION
In certain circumstances, we may collect and use personal data of individuals with whom we have, could have, or used to have a direct relationship such as:
For some reasons, we may also collect information about you whereas you have not direct relationship with us. This may happen for instance when your employer provide us with information about you or your contact details are provided by one of our clients if you are, for example:
- Family members;
- Co-borrowers / guarantors;
- Legal representatives (power of attorney);
- Beneficiaries of payment transactions made by our clients;
- Beneficiaries of insurance policies and trusts;
- Ultimate beneficial owners;
- Clients‘ debtors (e.g. in case of bankruptcy);
- Company shareholders;
- Representatives of a legal entity (which may be a client or a vendor);
- Staff of service provider and commercial partners.
3. WHY AND ON WHICH BASIS DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
a. To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
We use your personal data to comply with various legal and regulatory obligations, including:
- banking and financial regulations in compliance with which we:
- set up security measures in order to prevent abuse and fraud;
- detect transactions which deviate from the normal patterns;
- define your credit risk score and your reimbursement capacity; and
- monitor and report risks that institution could incur;
- record, when necessary, phone calls, chats, emails, etc.
- reply to an official request from a duly authorised public or judicial authority.
- prevention of money-laundering and financing of terrorism;
- compliance with legislation relating to sanctions and embargoes;
- fight against tax fraud and fulfilment of tax control and notification obligations;
b. To fulfil our legitimate interest
We use your personal data in order to deploy and develop our products or services, manage the contractual relationship with our corporate clients or corporate contractual partners of whom you are an employee, to improve our risk management and to defend our legal rights, including:
- proof of transactions;
- fraud prevention;
- sending various communications regarding the custom process, compliance with transportation rules, etc.;
- response to official requests from public authorities of third countries (located outside EEA);
- IT management, including infrastructure management (e.g. shared platforms) & business continuity and IT security;
- establishing individual statistical models, based on the analysis of transactions, for instance in order to help define your driver profile;
- establishing aggregated statistics, tests and models, for research and development, in order to improve the risk management of our group of companies or in order to improve existing products and services or create new ones;
- training of our personnel by recording phone calls to our call centres;
- personalising our offering to you and that of other BNP Paribas entities through:
- improving the quality of our products or services (including via client satisfaction surveys);
- advertising products or services that match with your situation and profile.
This can be achieved by:
- segmenting our prospects and clients;
- analysing your habits and preferences in the various channels (visits to our branches emails or messages, visits to our website, etc.);
- matching the products or services that you already hold or use with other data we hold about you.
Your data may be aggregated into anonymised statistics that may be offered to professional clients to assist them in developing their business. In this case, your personal data will never be disclosed and those receiving these anonymised statistics will be unable to ascertain your identity.
c. To respect your choice if we requested your consent for a specific processing
In some cases, we must require your consent to process your data, for example:
- where the above purposes lead to automated decision-making, which produces legal effects or which significantly affects you. At that point, we will inform you separately about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing;
- if we need to carry out further processing for purposes other than those above in section 3, we will inform you and, where necessary, obtain your consent.
4. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
In order to fulfill the aforementioned purposes, we only disclose your personal data to:
- BNP Paribas Group entities (e.g. you can benefit from our full range of group products and services);
- Service providers which perform services on our behalf;
- Independent agents, intermediaries or brokers, banking and commercial partners with which we have regular relationship; Financial or judicial authorities, state agencies or public bodies, upon request and to the extent permitted by law;
- Certain regulated professionals such as lawyers, notaries or auditors.
5. TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EEA
In case of international transfers originating from the European Economic Area (EEA), where the European Commission has recognised a non-EEA country as providing an adequate level of data protection, your personal data may be transferred on this basis.
For transfers to non-EEA countries whose level of protection has not been recognised by the European Commission, we will either rely on a derogation applicable to the specific situation (e.g. if the transfer is necessary to perform our contract with you such as when making an international payment) or implement one of the following safeguards to ensure the protection of your personal data:
- Standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission; or
- Binding corporate rules, where applicable.
To obtain a copy of these safeguards or details on where they are available, you can send a written request as set out in Section 9.
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We will retain your personal data for the longer of the period required in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations or another period with regard to our operational requirements, such as proper account maintenance, facilitating client relationship management, and responding to legal claims or regulatory requests. For instance, most of client’s information is kept for the duration of the contractual relationship and after the end of the contractual relationship for the period of time needed to ensure the exercise or defense of legal claims.
Cookies and other connection and tracking data stored on your device are kept for a period of 13 months from their collection date.
7. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE THEM?
In accordance with applicable regulations, you have the following rights:
- To access: you can obtain information relating to the processing of your personal data, and a copy of such personal data.
- To rectify: where you consider that your personal data are inaccurate or incomplete, you can require that such personal data be modified accordingly.
- To erase: you can require the deletion of your personal data, to the extent permitted by law.
- To restrict: you can request the restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- To object: you can object to the processing of your personal data, on grounds relating to your particular situation. You have the absolute right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, which includes profiling related to such direct marketing.
- To withdraw your consent: where you have given your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- To data portability: where legally applicable, you have the right to have the personal data you have provided to us be returned to you or, where technically feasible, transferred to a third party.
If you wish to exercise the rights listed above, please send a letter or e-mail to the following address email@example.com. Please include a scan/copy of your identity card for identification purpose.
In accordance with applicable regulation, in addition to your rights above, you are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
8. HOW CAN YOU KEEP UP WITH CHANGES TO THIS DATA PROTECTION NOTICE?
In a world of constant technological changes, we may need to regularly update this Information Notice.
We invite you to review the latest version of this notice online and we will inform you of any material changes through our website or through our other usual communication channels.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US?
If you have any questions relating to our use of your personal data under this Information Notice, please send a letter or e-mail to the following address Parc d’Activités de la Ravoire 74370 Epagny Metz-Tessy, France e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate your query.
If you wish to learn more about cookies and Security, please contact us through email@example.com.